Why R-Value Garage Doors are Necessary02/09/2014 Back To Blog
As time goes by people expand their demands and raise their standards. Some may argue that we are spoiled and never stop wanting more and although there is a tiny grain of truth in that, the truth is that the world changes, too. The climate has changed significantly and due to the recent global economic recession people spend more time at home. When habits change, people are urged to modify their lives accordingly. Who would talk of insulated garage doors a few decades back? Now it's all we talk about and we all ought to know why they are good for us.
Invest in insulated garage doors
Invest in insulated panels next time garage door replacement crosses your mind. This is highly important for garages attached to the houses since they affected the entire indoor environment and for homes with living space right above the garage. Detached garages won't need extra insulation except if some members of your family use the space for activities or as an office but then again you won't need any construction work. They will actually change your life and affect your everyday routine at home in a positive way. There are plenty of benefits but most importantly:
1. You will save a lot on energy since you will use the central heating more wisely. Hence, you will have great benefits in your wallet.
2. The indoor environment will change completely because you will have the ideal temperatures.
3. You will be doing the planet a great favor since it's a great ecological approach to save the last trees on earth.
4. The door will be thicker and, thus, stronger and more resistant.
5. Good insulation is necessary for cold but also warm climates.
How to choose r-value garage doors
It's important to understand that the r-value indicator is the simple way of measuring the insulation efficiency of products. When it comes to garage doors, the indicator will reach as high as r-18. Average climates will usually need r-10. Lately, wood doors are insulated too but they usually rated as r-4. Steel and glass doors are also insulated but you must make sure the weather sealing is strong, durable, thick and of good materials and the bottom seal must be replaced often.